Contract position: A leader in electronics, healthcare and lighting is looking for a Manufacturing Engineer in the Gainesville, FL area. This is a 1-year CONTRACT position. No per diem is available.Responsibilities for the Manufacturing Engineer
Requirements for the Manufacturing Engineer
- Provide daily, hands-on support to assembly and test technicians. Improve existing manufacturing processes and equipment. Develop and maintain work instructions, process control procedures and operating procedures.
- Support introduction of new products onto the production floor, ensuring manufacturing readiness. Work closely with product development teams to ensure products are designed for manufacturability.
- Create and review DCNs, and support implementation and phase in of product changes. Establish appropriate methods, tools, equipment, etc. required to produce products in keeping with the Quality Management System.
- Bachelor's degree in Manufacturing/Industrial, Electronics, or Bio-Medical Engineering and at least 1 year of related manufacturing experience.
- Previous experience with lean manufacturing principles and cellular based manufacturing. Knowledge of MS Office, SAP\ERP Systems and Access data basing applications. LabView use a plus.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.