Contract position: An American multinational corporation specializing in Internet-related services and products is currently seeking a Component Engineer in the Palo Alto, CA area. This is a 1-year CONTRACT position. No per diem available.
Responsibilities for the Component Engineer
Requirements for the Component Engineer
- Drive engagement with vendor partners as the Company's technical expert; identify future strategic opportunities (custom and off-the-shelf), manage part qualifications, lifecycle changes, de-commits, natural disasters, and failure analysis investigations.
- Join new design BOM Review meetings weekly and proactively provide 2nd source or alternate for electrical off-the-shelf components.
- Proactively manage component obsolescence and identify / qualify alternate sources. Clean-up the electrical database to avoid duplicate and EOL parts.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering is preferred. At least 4 years of experience as a Component Engineer.
- Knowledge of AML data entry, update, & maintenance in Agile PLM systems. Knowledge of best practices on electronic component qualification requirements. Understanding of electronic component materials and manufacturing processes.