Contract position: An American multinational corporation specializing in Internet-related services and products is currently seeking a Component Engineer in the Palo Alto, CA area. This is a 1-year CONTRACT position. No per diem available.Responsibilities for the Component Engineer
Requirements for the Component Engineer
- Drive engagement with vendor partners as the Company's technical expert; identify future strategic opportunities (custom and off-the-shelf), manage part qualifications, lifecycle changes, de-commits, natural disasters, and failure analysis investigations.
- Join new design BOM Review meetings weekly and proactively provide 2nd source or alternate for electrical off-the-shelf components.
- Proactively manage component obsolescence and identify / qualify alternate sources. Clean-up the electrical database to avoid duplicate and EOL parts.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering is preferred. At least 4 years of experience as a Component Engineer.
- Knowledge of AML data entry, update, & maintenance in Agile PLM systems. Knowledge of best practices on electronic component qualification requirements. Understanding of electronic component materials and manufacturing processes.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.