Permanent position: Metallurgist, Northwest Ohio - Leading manufacturer seeks to hire a Metallurgist to support metallurgical and technical support to all aspects of manufacturing. This individual will recommend and implement process improvements, ensure quality procedures are carried out and take corrective and preventative action.
Responsibilities for the Metallurgist
Requirements for the Metallurgist
- Conduct root cause failure analysis investigations on customer complaints/claims and internal quality issues.
- Perform metallographic analysis using digit or optical microscopy.
- Prepare detailed technical reports on failure analysis investigations.
- Responsible for identifying and executing projects for process improvements.
- Bachelors degree in Metallurgical or Materials Science Engineering required.
- 5+ years experience with casting and hot extrusion.
- Strong communication skills.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Permanent, direct hire position with full benefits and relocation.