Contract position: A Controls Technician is needed for a leading Automotive Manufacturing Organization. The Controls Technician is responsible for supporting equipment design reviews and installation activities. Qualified candidates must have 2+ years' of experience programming PLC's, or Robotics. This is a long term contract slated in the Princeton, IN area. Candidates must be open to traveling 40-60% of the time. Our client is seeking local candidates or candidates willing to relocate themselves.
Responsibilities for the Controls Technician
Requirements for the Controls Technician
- Support installation activities; ensure electrical, mechanical and safety systems start-up is conducted correctly
- Work with engineers to assist with equipment design review for new and refurbished equipment
- Utilize digital engineering tools to run equipment set-up/ and off-line simulations
- Perform robot teaching
- 5+ years' of experience programming PLC's or Robotics within a highly automated automotive environment; must have a foundational understanding of PLC's , Robots, 3 phase power and motor controls
- AS degree is preferred; relevant experience will be considered
- Experience within automated robot welding (spot/arc) and robotic material handling industrial maintenance, weld shop experience.
- Ability to travel 40-60% of the time
- MS Office proficiency is require, AutoCAD proficiency preferred
- Comprehensive contractor benefits
- Opportunity to work overtime