Contract position: Maintenance Planner/Scheduler possible temp to hire opportunity with a heavy industrial manufacturing client located in the St. Louis, MO area. Client is looking for a hands on candidate with a strong maintenance planning/schedule background to assist them in building a robust maintenance and planning program.
Responsibilities for the Maintenance Planner
Requirements for the Maintenance Planner
- Build and manage planned routine and shutdown work for all areas of the plant
- Oversee the management of work requests and work order backlog
- Lead planning, scheduling and procurement efforts to ensure successful completion of annual outage/turnaround periods.
- Track and report various metrics and data including but not limited to department KPIs, expenditures, and performance to budget
- Willingness and ability to be hands on and walk equipment down as needed
- Work closely with internal customers at all levels to build a robust maintenance schedule / plan
- Associate's degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school
- 5 or more years related experience in a heavy industrial environment with at least 3 years in a maintenance planning/scheduling capacity
- Strong CMMS experience ( MAXIMO is ideal )
- Self starter, independent thinker, with the ability to self manage