Contract position: We are searching for a Manufacturing Engineer in Jackson, MI to work at a leading manufacturing company. This is a contract position expected to last a year. Responsibilities for the Manufacturing Engineer
Requirements for the Manufacturing Engineer
- Evaluating and proving out manufacturing processes supporting new product design efforts
- Identifying process parameters and assessing process capability for new materials and designs
- Design for manufacturability and design to cost evaluations included in the project deliverables.
- Design, develop, implement, and improve safe and environmentally responsible manufacturing processes; Uses MESH (Eaton Environmental, Safety and Health process), and other Eaton and industry standard practices, Design tooling utilizing 3D modeling software and drafting; Equipment selection and design Identifying and optimizing process parameters; Design to cost and design for manufacturing analysis (Lean/Six Sigma focus).
- Associates Degree in engineering or related sciences, or equivalent certification from an accredited institution
- Minimum of two years equivalent experience or 4 years' experience working in a technical / laboratory setting without degree or certification.
- Knowledge of test equipment operation, machine hydraulics, data acquisition and inspection equipment.
- A broad knowledge of test machines and instruments
- As an ITAR facility, this position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Medical, Dental, PTO, etc.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.