Contract position: An American corporation that manufactures agricultural, construction, and forestry machinery, diesel engines, drivetrains (axles, transmissions, gearboxes) used in heavy equipment, and lawn care equipment is looking for a Manufacturing Weld Engineer in the Ankeny, IA area. This is a 1-year CONTRACT position. No per diem available.
Responsibilities for the Welding Engineer
Requirements for the Welding Engineer
- Work closely with Operations, Industrial Engineering, Assembly Engineering, Paint Engineering, Quality Engineering, and Product Designs teams in the development and maintenance of manual and automated weld manufacturing processes.
- Working knowledge of database management tools, PRO-E cad system, excellent overall computer skills.
- Bachelor's degree in Weld Engineering, Technical Engineering degree, or commensurate experience in a weld manufacturing shop floor environment.
- Background in Mechanical and Weld Engineering or a minimum 3 years experience in weld manufacturing.
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes, quality, tooling, tool design, total preventative maintenance, and facilities.