Contract position: Design Build firm involved in electric and gas transmission & distribution (T&D) engineering & construction projects is looking for 2 Drafters/Designers to join their team. These are contract to hire opportunities located in downtown Chicago. There is a lot of growth and upward mobility with these positions. You need 3-10 years of drafting experience ideally on linear engineering & construction projects (telecom/fiber, electric T&D, railway, highway, sewer & water pipes, oil or gas pipeline, etc...). You need to be local or within a commutable distance to downtown Chicago.
Responsibilities for the Drafter
Requirements for the Drafter
- Assist with design & development of new electric and gas transmission and distribution pipeline construction drawings, revising existing drawings, and preparing drawings of packages
- Complete alignment sheets, plats and permit drawings related to gas pipeline construction projects
- Prepares non-routine drawings with complex features using information from rough sketches, detailed engineering notes or brief verbal guidance
- 3-10 years of experience as a Drafter or Designer
- Specific drafting & designing experience supporting linear engineering & construction projects (telecom/fiber, electric T&D, railway, highway, sewer & water pipes, oil or gas pipeline, etc...) is preferred
- You must be proficient with AutoCAD 2014 drafting software OR ESRI GIS software
- Any experience with MicroStation V8i is considerd a big PLUS
- Familiar with pipeline design aspects for construction methods of open-cut trench, auger bore, and horizontal directional drilling (HDD) is a big PLUS
- Our client prefers candidates that have an AS Degree in drafting technology or related field OR went to a technical high school where you learned AutoCAD
- PTO Program
- Health Insurance available, and more...