Permanent position: A leading manufacturer of structural steel products is seeking an Engineering Manager to join their team in Santa Monica, CA. Qualified candidates should have 10-12 years of experience with structural steel/racking systems and a California PE license or able to obtain. The Engineering Manager will manage a small team of designers and engineers and ensure that customer deadlines are met. Candidates should be interested in leading and mentoring teams and communicating and working closely with customers. Perfect for someone looking for a small company feel, though this branch is a part of a much larger company based on the East Coast. Relocation assistance offered to non-local candidates.
Responsibilities for the Engineering Manager
Requirements for the Engineering Manager
- Manage small team of designers and engineers and oversee the production of fabrication and installation drawings.
- Schedule and track production dates in ERP system
- Ensure customer deadlines are met
- Prepare certified calculations packages and address plan corrections.
- 10-12 years of experience with structural steel, racking systems, etc.
- Master's Degree in Civil/Industrial/Mechanical Engineering preferred
- PE license preferred or able to obtain soon.
- AutoCAD 2010 or better
- Excellent written and verbal communication with various team members, sales, and clients.
- Will train in New Jersey for 2 weeks at beginning of employment
- Profit Sharing, Medical Insurance, PTO