Contract position: An American corporation that manufactures agricultural, construction, and forestry machinery, diesel engines, drivetrains (axles, transmissions, gearboxes) used in heavy equipment, and lawn care equipment is looking for a Product Engineer in the Springfield, MO area. This is a 4-month CONTRACT position. No per diem available.
Responsibilities for the Product Engineer
Requirements for the Product Engineer
- Produce and/or evaluate possible design solutions to improve cost, quality, and performance based on specialized knowledge of engineering applications.
- Analyze assignments and determine engineering specifications which must be fulfilled for routine problems or projects.
- Compile and furnish necessary information (engineering decisions and reports of pertinent design analyses data) to document the design solution required for building of prototypes and adoption of the design.
- Associate's degree is preferred with at least 1 year of experience with product development, Bill of Material structure creation, and 3D modeling basics.
- Knowledge of product design and release process a plus. Looking for more BOM experience than managerial experience. SAP experience is a big plus.