Permanent position: Automation Engineers needed for a rapidly growing company located in Buffalo Grove, IL. In this role you will be responsible for developing and implementing automated and semi-automated manufacturing solutions as well as developing unique multi-disciplinary machinery for high volume consumer products manufacturing & assembly. Relocation assistance available
Responsibilities for the Automation Engineer
Requirements for the Automation Engineer
- Take leadership of equipment projects and implementation teams.
- Develop equipment requirements and specifications.
- Conduct equipment design reviews and provide design guidance to suppliers.
- Draft qualification protocols and manage equipment qualification activities.
- Interface with customers, suppliers, and functional owners to coordinate project activities and remediate project issues.
- BS Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Mechatronics.
- Minimum 5 years related experience in a technology based industry, where automated assembly techniques are utilized.
- Industrial Engineering experience working in high-volume assembly processes.
- Knowledge of automated equipment systems and tools - robotic, vision, material handling, Conveyors, PLC, HMI, Pick-Place-Pack, Inspection/Test (Structural and Non-Contact e.g. Laser), Application of lasers e.g. Etching/Marking, Dispense process, plastics welding and joining.
- Very competitive benefits package available
- Relocation assistance