Permanent position: Senior Engineering Technician needed for a full-time opportunity in the Commack, NY area. The Sr. Engineering Technician will be responsible for overhauling/repairing, testing, and troubleshooting a variety of complex in- and out-of-production products. Apply for immediate consideration!
Responsibilities for the Technician
Requirements for the Technician
- Perform complex overhaul/repair, test, and assembly functions utilizing mechanical skills, mechanical/electronic tools, test equipment, assembly fixtures, and inspection measurement equipment in a manufacturing environment.
- Research and evaluate product failures and serviceability levels. Analyze, determine, and recommend repair solutions, incorporating multiple variables, to return products to serviceable condition on majority of components.
- Perform diagnostic teardown and rebuilding of products, including evaluation of suitability of components, according to customer specifications.
- Minimum 3 years direct industry related experience in both assembly and test in a high technology manufacturing environment.
- Demonstrated ability to read and interpret engineering drawings, sketches, schematics and procedures.
- Competitive benefits package.