Contract position: Our client, local to Los Angeles, is one of the leading manufacturers specializing in the design and production of fasteners and multi-component fastening systems and devices. They have contract to hire opportunity for a Production Planner/Schedular. This position does require a degree from a 4 year college or university. In this role the ideal candidate will be ready to take on a fast paced, deadline driven Production Planner role, have excellent communication skills and be a team player. The Planner will be responsible for overseeing the work of the manufacturing team to ensure deadlines are met. They will be proactive in determining issues and work with the team to determine and implement process improvement recommendations. Syteline experience is a plus and having a APICS Certification is an extra bonus.
Responsibilities for the Scheduler
Requirements for the Scheduler
- Draw up master schedule to establish necessary time needed for operations to meet deadline shipping dates according to sales forecasts.
- Plan and schedule workflow for departments and operation to meet shipping goals.
- Communicate with department heads to determine status of assigned projects to ensure delivery goals are met.
- Follow all AS9100 requirements
- 4 year BS degree, or over 7 years of industry experience.
- MRP Systems usage (Epicor or Syteline preferred)
- Must have 3 years of specific Planner/Schedular experirence in a fast paced industry.
- Strong mathmatical, manufacturing documentation, solid spreadsheet and database experience.