Permanent position: Leading tier one automotive manufacturer is looking to hire a sharp Program Manager (direct hire). This position is located in the Detroit, Michigan area.
The ideal candidate will possess program or launch management experience in tier one automotive manufacturing environment with experience leading projects meeting company and customer requirements utilizing APQP methodology. Strong track record of tracking, managing, documenting and reporting projects in a timely manner.
This role comes with an excellent compensation plan commensurate with experience with a base salary ranging from $100k to $118k plus a bonus opportunity.
All candidates must be legally authorized to work in the US.
Responsibilities for the Program Manager
Requirements for the Program Manager
- Leadership support of company policies and procedures with SAFETY as the highest priority
- Complete assigned projects meeting company and customer requirements utilizing APQP methodology
- Ensure assigned projects meet cost, quality and timing commitments
- Accurately & timely track, manage, document and report assigned projects in required formats
- Manage multiple projects in various locations with the ability to resolve competing priorities and resources
- Lead company, customer and supplier APQP meetings and activities on a regular schedule as required
- Liaise between company team, the customer and the supply base ensuring prompt & precise communication
- Keep company management informed with the appropriate format and frequency
- Drive,direct and coordinate cross-functional teams and multi-functional activities to meet milestones and deliver programs to plan
- Bachelor's degree in engineering is preferred
- Demonstrated track record of organizing, managing and completing product launches to measurable targets
- Demonstrated knowledge of product launch and program management tools including Microsoft Project
- Proficient with Microsoft Project, Excel, Word, Visio and Outlook
- Experience leading, managing and developing a cross-functional team to accomplish a common goal
- All candidates must be legally authorized to work in the US
- Excellent compensation plan commensurate with experience with a base salary ranging from $100k to $118k plus a bonus opportunity