Permanent position: Our client, an original equipment manufacturer located northwest of Chicago, IL, is seeking candidates to fill an opening on staff for an applications engineer. This position will entail heavy interaction with customers including responding to RFQ's, product selection, and 10-15% domestic travel.
Salary is $80k-90k/yr depending on experience with eligibility for a yearly bonus.
Responsibilities for the Application Engineer
Requirements for the Application Engineer
- Responsible for responding to customer requests for quotation and product selection. Uses existing product designs and modifies them to meet customer requirements.
- Identify market and customer needs and make recommendations
- Conduct product training presentations to sales representatives and staff; exercise tact and diplomacy in resolving customer relations inquiries and problems.
- Records, modifies, changes in engineering Bills of Materials.
- Selects and designs appropriate solutions for customers utilizing existing parts.
- Educational attainment equivalent to a Bachelor's degree in Engineering.Minimum 3 years of experience in applicable field or industry.
- Basic Design and manufacturing principals, Bills of material, Industrial Marketing and sales principles, methods and practices; applications and sales territories; technical product applications; customer service principles, practices and procedures.