Our client, a well-established original equipment manufacturer located near Rockford, IL, is seeking an innovative, talented, and experienced Sales Applications Engineering Manager to join their team. This position reports to the President and will organize and function as a direct contact and interface with customer both before and after a sale. Salary range for this position is $80k-$100k/yr. in addition to performance based bonuses, depending on experience. Relocation assistance available. Responsibilities for the Sales Engineer
Requirements for the Sales Engineer
- Collaborate with our engineering team to develop new applications/products and improve upon existing ones that will serve our clients and business well.
- Represent the company to its customers, acquiring, organizing and analyzing customer goals and application requirements and develop applications that effectively accomplish the customer objectives and help future growth.
- Act as the technical resource and liaison between the company and its customers to address and resolve inquiries, technical reviews, and problems, provide interpretation of drawings and specifications, and advise of the effect of product design features and specification variation.
- Maintain expert level of product knowledge and application along with troubleshooting Gear box systems.
- Preparation of proposals in consultations with various departments.
- Resolve customer issues or difficulties in a manner that is consistent with the company mission, values, and financial objectives.
- Maintain accurate records/metrics of target accounts, opportunities, quotes, projects, contacts and correspondence in company approved databases.
- Perform technical/product training for sales people, estimators, and engineers at targeted accounts.
- Perform analysis and report findings and recommendations.
- Provide sales quotations.
- The employee performs work related travel as required (around 15% domestic).
- Technical competency as well as current/up to speed on new developments within the industry.
- Knowledge of Gears and gearboxes is desirable.
- Technical problem solver.
- Hands-on technical and mechanical involvement.
- Familiarity with CAD software
- Strong customer service skills.
- Sales and marketing experience a plus.
- Ability to handle client and customer issues tactfully and professionally.
- Basic knowledge of gear analysis/calculations.
- BSME and 7+ years of related experience.
- Combination of education and relevant work experience will be considered on a case by case basis.
<Benefits for the Sales Engineer
- Travel relocation: Up to $5,000.
- Health and Dental Benefits/Insurance.
- Life Insurance.
- 401 K - and matching possibilities.
- Bonus option.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.