Contract position: We are searching for a Lab Technician in Apopka, FL to work in the R&D department of a leading beverage manufacturing company. This is a contract position that is expected to last a year. Responsibilities for the Laboratory Technician
Requirements for the Laboratory Technician
- Process incoming or outgoing samples (e.g., receiving, logging, labeling, shipping) using LIMS or other tools to ensure that samples are traceable and properly distributed for analysis.
- Maintain laboratory equipment and instrumentation
- Blending and processing of beverage samples
- Develop or validate laboratory test methods or equipment (sampling, monitoring, analytical procedures) in order to ensure reliability and accuracy of analytical results
- Record data from analyses or experiments in a computer, log book or laboratory notebook.
- Bachelor's Degree in Food Science is ideal. If not, then Biology or Chemistry is required.
- Experience working as a Lab Technician in a similar environment
- Ability to analyze ingredients, syrups, beverages, concentrates or other substances using laboratory instruments.
- Experience with Food and Beverage Science or manufacturing is preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.