Permanent position: Our client, one of the leading Architectural & Engineering firms in the Southeast, is seeking candidates for an Electrical Engineering position to work out of their Greenville, SC, office. This position will involve the electrical engineering and design of water/wastewater facilities and other various large-scale municipal projects.
This position is a role that our client would like to build a team around, which would give the individual in this position great upward mobility within the company.
An active P.E. License is required.
Relocation assistance is available for qualified candidates.
Responsibilities for the Electrical Engineer
Requirements for the Electrical Engineer
- Prepare and develop project narratives, cost estimates, plans, and specifications
- Generating and evaluating design options from the earliest stages of a project
- Overseeing and performing project work in all phases
- Providing drawing coordination and technical oversight for project activities with clients, staff, and consultants
- Performing site observations, reviewing shop drawings and material submittals and other related construction administration tasks
- Participating in project pursuits and/or interviews
- Mentoring staff
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering from an ABET accredited school.
- An active P.E. License and willing to become registered in additional states.
- Minimum 7-10 years of professional experience in design of power distribution and controls for municipal type projects including water and wastewater treatment plant facilities
- Experience with LEED Certified Projects and passion for Sustainability (LEED Accredited a plus)
- Knowledge of building, energy, and electrical codes to generate construction documents
- Construction Administration experience with the skill to resolve conflicts and issues
- Lighting Design/photometrics experience a plus
- Proficiency with AutoCAD (REVIT a plus)
- Comprehensive benefits package that offers medical, dental, and vision insurance, long term disability, and a 401k plan.
- Relocation assistance is available for qualified candidates