Permanent position: Our client, a leading MEP Engineering firm based in Tallahassee, FL, is actively seeking a Mechanical Engineer specializing in HVAC, Plumbing, and Fire Protection design for commercial and institutional projects. EIT Certification is acceptable, though an active P.E. License is highly preferred. Salary range for this position is $80k-110k/yr depending on experience.Responsibilities for the Mechanical Design Engineer
Requirements for the Mechanical Design Engineer
- The Mechanical Engineer will be a leader in the company who will drive project management and design.
- This individual will be responsible for the development of talent within the organization to help ensure a robust pipeline of skilled leaders to support the future growth of the organization.
- Ensure work is of the highest quality, and deliverables are met even during stringent, often inflexible conditions.
- Lead and collaborate with multiple teams of engineers, and designers at any given time to assist with project deliverables.
- Mechanical engineer with experience in HVAC, Plumbing, and Fire Protection design for commercial construction including preparing construction documents, engineering reports, and conducting field investigations.
- Min. 4 years' experience in designing and developing projects from concept to completion.
- Experience in designing projects over $5 million construction cost.
- Experience in independently designing building HVAC, Plumbing and Fire Protection for institutional, correctional, educational, medical, public safety.
- Must be able to prepare deliverables including calculations, technical reports, drawings, and specifications.
- Detailed knowledge of general building construction and electrical systems is essential.
- Excellent analytical and technical skills needed.
- Registered Professional Engineer (preferred).
- LEED BD+C and CxA (preferred).
- Revit (preferred).
- 401K & Profit Sharing
- Vacation & Sick Leave
- Health & Dental Coverage
- AD&D and Life Insurance Coverage for Employee
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.