Contract position: Quality Lab Technician with experience in microbiological analysis is needed for a position in Peachtree City, GA. Candidates must have experience in performing laboratory assays, set-up and clean-up for fast-paced daily analysis. Experience with Microbiology (Bacteriology and Molecular Biology) and Food/Feed Science is strongly preferred. This position could be direct hire or contract to hire. Salary is $35,000 per year. Please apply today!Responsibilities for the Laboratory Technician
Requirements for the Laboratory Technician
- Performs Quality Control of food quality products by conducting research, testing and review/evaluation of results in a laboratory setting.
- Maintains laboratory equipment and instrumentation.
- Conduct inspection of the laboratory or laboratory procedures to ensure conformance to internal or external certification requirements and correct or eliminate process-related non-conformance items.
- Bachelor's Degree in Science field (Food Science, Chemistry, Biology, etc)
- Mathematical Skills : Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions, percentages, area, circumference, logarithm, multipliers and volumes.
- Ability to analyze data output from experiments and research.
- Ability to apply the scientific method to quality control activities objectively
- Preferred Skills: Microbiology (bacteriology), Food and/or Feed Safety, ISO9000s, HACCP, microscope investigation, and plotting techniques
- Contractor benefits: Medical, Dental, PTO, etc.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.