Contract position: National general contractor is seeking an Estimator with Mechanical background in the Salt Lake City, UT area for a long term contract to possible direct hire opportunity. Ideal candidates will have 5+ years of Mechanical estimating experience on highly technical commercial construction projects and ideally experience working for a general contractor or mechanical contractor. This is a salaried contract position and contractor benefits are offered.
Responsibilities for the Estimator
Requirements for the Estimator
- Communication with equipment and material vendors, mechanical/electrical design engineers, owners and subcontractors
- Purchasing of trade contractors and equipment, preparation cost estimates, drawing coordination and review.
- Perform material takeoff and input data into computerized cost models
- 5+ years of estimating experience (mechanical/HVAC/piping/plumbing) for complex commercial construction projects (airports, data centers, technology centers etc)
- BS degree in an engineering or technical field preferred
- Ability to read and understand Mechanical and Architectural and Civil plans and specifications as they relate to mechanical work.
- Should have estimating experience in both sheet metal and piping/plumbing trades
- Commercial trade software such as FastEst, QuickPen or Estimation is valuable and preferred.
- Contractor benefits offered - medical, PTO, 401k