Senior Mechanical Engineer
Permanent position: Innovative energy production company is seeking a Sr. Mechanical Engineer to join their team in Cerritos, CA. This position will oversee design of new and existing products that support the oil & gas industry for production. Qualified candidates will have a Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering (MS preferred), 10 years of experience in a mechanical design role (rotating equipment experience required) with Solidworks 3D experience, and preferably oil & gas experience. Great opportunity to join a highly innovative, energetic team with company-paid benefits and perks.
Responsibilities for the Senior Mechanical Engineer
Requirements for the Senior Mechanical Engineer
- Act as a lead to create new designs and perform technical calculations for mechanical design and packaging.
- Detail components and parts for manufacturing and efficiency.
- Evaluate products, parts or processes for cost efficiency and reliability
- Maintain version updates in PDMWorks
- Technical oversight and review of designs.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering (MS in Mechanical Engineering preferred)
- 10 years of mechanical design engineering experience with at least 5 year of experience in rotating equipment
- Experience with Solidworks required
- Experience with high speed machines or permanent magnet motors a plus
- Some experience in the oil and gas industry is a plus
- 401k, medical, PTO, bonus plan