Continuous Improvement Manager
Permanent position: Industry leading manufacturer is looking to hire a sharp Continuous Improvement Manager (direct hire). This position will be located in the Owensboro, Ky area.
The ideal candidate will possess a strong continuous improvement background with a hands on approach that can drive change leading Kaizen events. The CI Manager will be responsible for leading the implementation, training, teaching, coaching, supporting and management of the implementation of a world class continuous improvement system using Lean and six sigma techniques.
This role comes with an excellent compensation plan commensurate with experience with a base salary ranging from $130k to $140k plus a bonus opportunity and relocation assistance.
All candidates must be legally authorized to work in the US.
Responsibilities for the Continuous Improvement Manager
Requirements for the Continuous Improvement Manager
- Lead the implementation of a world class Continuous Improvement System focused on Reliable People (Lean Operations), Reliable Process (Process Control) and Reliable Assets (Equipment Reliability).
- Drive cultural transformation within the plant Business Improvement Process role, support the region during implementation process
- Train and develop leaders on lean principles, cultural transformation , A3 development, and the lean leader mindset
- Deliver training on a comprehensive world class Lean curriculum for engineers, technical support, operations, maintenance and staff throughout the plant
- Deploy and teach continuous improvement tools at the plant level, including core tools: 5s, SMED, RCFA, TWI, Standardized Work, VSM, TPM, APC, Equipment Reliability and Problem Solving
- Focus the plant organization towards improvements on safety and reliability through Lean techniques and employee engagement
- Drive change within the plant teams to enable the plant to continuously improve performance which includes managing the transformation roadmap, and leveraging information centers for continuous improvement and creating a visual workplace
- Bachelor's degree is required, prefer degree in engineering or operations
- Strong track record of facilitating, coaching and implementing TPM, Lean, kaizen/six sigma events and driving lean transformation with proven results and implementations
- Six Sigma Green belt training/certification
- Excellent interpersonal skills, written, verbal communication skills and organization skills, must be comfortable teaching and presenting to a large group at all levels of the organization
- Proven ability to successfully manage cross functional teams and implement improvement within an established time frame then sustain improvements
- Excellent compensation plan commensurate with experience with a base salary ranging from $130k to $140k plus bonus
- Relocation assistance is also available