Contract position: An American corporation that manufactures agricultural, construction, and forestry machinery, diesel engines, drivetrains (axles, transmissions, gearboxes) used in heavy equipment, and lawn care equipment is looking for a Supplier Quality Engineer in the Thibodaux, LA area. This is a 1-year CONTRACT position. No per diem available.Responsibilities for the Supplier Quality Engineer
Requirements for the Supplier Quality Engineer
- Participate, generate, validate, facilitate/and or conduct Quality Plan Levels, Project Risk Assessments, Design Reviews, System, Design, Process FMEAs, Design Process and Assembly Reviews, ISIRs, Gage R&Rs and Capability studies for components and assemblies.
- Engage in applying/leading Quality tools in Continuous Improvement and Product Delivery Process (PDP) teams. Encourage early interaction of both customer and supplier input to team activities.
- Document Corrective Action Requests (CAR) in the company Corrective Action system, completing CAR verification activities, and follow up as required to assure corrective actions are maintained and strengthened as applicable.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in Manufacturing & Industrial background, and/or Quality Engineering.
- Knowledge of drawing and schematic interpretation, product models, geometric dimensioning and tolerancing. Experience in developing Control Plans.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.