Contract position: A rail transport company, active in the fields of passenger transportation, signalling and locomotives is looking for a T&C Engineer in the Hornell, NY area. This is a 1-year CONTRACT position. No per diem available. Travel between 50% - 100% expected.
Responsibilities for the Test Engineer
Requirements for the Test Engineer
- Lead and perform system test activities such as circuit breakdown tests, interlocking operational and system tests. Includes working independently and with others. Tests must be conducted in compliance with federal regulations, industry guidelines, company standards, projectrequirements and the appropriate company test procedures. Must maintain highest regard for safety, fail safeness, system reliability and system integrity.
- Lead and direct system commissioning (cutover) activities with workgroups to complete putting a system into service. Identify operational and technical problems and assist in practical solutions and improvements to system design when appropriate. Communicate all identified problems and recommended solutions with Senior Engineer, Supervisor and/or Project Lead for further action.
- Interface with system/product designers, manufacturing personnel, customers, consultants and sub-contractors as needed. Act as lead test engineer in directing other test personnel. Assist in the installation and test field modifications. This may be performed on 'live' circuits and on new or existing equipment. Lead in the installation and adjustment of various equipment. (switch machine, trip stops, track circuits, code systems, etc).
- Develop test documentation and data sheets using company standards and company test procedures. Accurately complete test documentation, data sheets, marking plans, expense reports, daily logs, lost time and discrepancy reports. Maintain location plans to reflect the 'as installed or as tested' condition of locations under test. Complies with EHS procedures, use and maintain PPE. Ensure proper use of maintenance of assigned tools and material.
- BS degree in technical discipline plus 5 to7years of related Signaling experience or equivalent signaling test and commissioning experience with electronics/ electrical background. Related experience is to include test equipment (VOMs, DMMs, oscilloscopes, signal generators, frequency counters, etc.) and 'trouble shooting' skills for problem identification and resolution.
- Working knowledge in Microsoft Office software required. Test and commissioning experience with VHLC and/or ElectroLogIXS interlocking applications and HXP3 and/or XP4 crossing applications preferred. Strong understanding of the FRA regulations and AREMA guidelines