Permanent position: Manufacturer in Kansas City is seeking a Procurement Manager for direct hire. The ideal candidate will have a solid purchasing background in automotive or aerospace industries and a Bachelor's degree. Procurement agent will develop supplier relationship, manage all procurement activities including: PO placement, supplier follow-up, analyzing risk and contract negotiation. At least 2-4 years of ERP experience a plus.
All candidates must be legally authorized to work in the U.S.
Responsibilities for the Purchasing Manager
Requirements for the Purchasing Manager
- Build a culture of strong vendor relationships while controlling costs and vendor performance
- Develop necessary reporting to ensure accurate supplier performance measurement
- Manage new supplier setup and paperwork
- Confirm and review purchase orders
- Manage supplier returns and develop and execute inventory reduction initiatives
- Manage all vendor RFQ activity and place purchase orders with suppliers
- 3-5 years' supply chain management experience
- Solid ERP experience, Epicor a plus
- Customer and vendor focused with positive attitude
- Thorough knowledge of aerospace materials, hardware, metal alloys and plastics