Contract position: Innovative medical device company is seeking multiple Software/Hardware Test Engineers in the San Diego, CA area. These positions will be responsible for supporting a major upgrade of an existing diagnostics product. Qualified candidates will have a BS in engineering or sciences 1-2 years of experience working in a lab environment performing testing on software and hardware of large complex machines, or a Master's degree and no experience. One opening is on 1st shift & weekends and the other is on 2nd shift & weekends (two days off during the week). Excellent company with room to grow and opportunity to work on innovative and industry leading technologies.
Responsibilities for the Test Engineer
Requirements for the Test Engineer
- Tests software and hardware requirements for a Class II Medical Device
- Performs Verification and Validation testing
- Performs laboratory work to assure completion
- Executes test protocols
- BS degree or MS degree in biomedical engineering, engineering, computer science or related.
- If no Master's degree, 1-2 years of experience with hardware and software testing of complex machines (medical device preferred but not required).
- Experience working in a laboratory environment performing testing.
- Knowledge of IEEE standards, black box testing, communication protocols, windows and various test methodologies
- Contractor benefits (medical, 401k, PTO) offered.