Permanent position: Specialty manufacturing company in the San Bernardino area and is seeking an Engineering Manager to join their team. The Engineering Manager will oversee engineering objectives and initiatives and lead engineering staff. Qualified candidates will have BSME (preferably MSME or MBA), 10+ years of progressive experience in leading and managing engineering teams and initiatives with product development process. Excellent opportunity for growth, great benefits and competitive bonus potential.
Responsibilities for the Engineering Manager
Requirements for the Engineering Manager
- Promote Kaizen and Lean initiatives
- Ensure personnel are properly trained and qualified to support the organizations requirements
- Develop, maintain, and grow test capabilities to support current and future product lines.
- Travels to trade shows and conferences to represent the company
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering required (MSME or MBA preferred)
- 8-12 years of experience in engineering and project management
- Must have experience leading design engineer teams
- Skilled in all areas of project management including Gantt schedule development and tracking, countermeasures, contingency plans, coordination of all personnel on team, assignment of action steps required, production of meeting minutes, tracking of all costs, managing CapEx, and maintenance of project records.
- Detailed understanding of new product development and implementation processes.
- Medical, PTO, 401k, Bonus