Contract position: Manufacturing Engineer needed for an awesome opportunity in the Pawtucket, RI area. The Manufacturing Engineer is responsible for partnering with the manufacturing, engineering and quality teams in the design, implementation and validation of new processes to manufacture high quality medical devices and associated accessories. Apply now for immediate consideration!Responsibilities for the Manufacturing Engineer
Requirements for the Manufacturing Engineer
- Optimizes manufacturing processes to provide sustainable gains in gross margin and product performance through capital projects, statistical analysis, designed experiments, procedural changes, simulation and modeling
- Provides on-going technical support to production line for equipment, process, or design related issues.
- Monitors process and equipment performance; identifies and implements process improvement activities to increase/optimize yield, efficiency or throughput
- Maintains safety, product quality, and manufacturing effectiveness by examining equipment, processes, operations, product components and assembly to determine time or quality revisions and suggests/implements improvements
- BS in industrial engineering or other technical degree with equivalent experience
- Minimum of 7-10-years experience in a commercial manufacturing environment driving continuous improvement with demonstrated experience in use of rotary/converting equipment and automation of manufacturing processes.
- Specific experience in: Medical device manufacturing experience with exposure to FDA requirement so production of electromechanical assemblies (highly desired)
- Knowledge of design controls, FDA and MDD requirements; able to work within a medical device quality management system
- Industry leading contractor benefits available!
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.