Contract position: Our client is looking for a temp to hire Electronic Technician in the West Los Angeles area, who will contribute to development and production activities related to all systems with electrical content. This includes electronic prototype assembly, cable assembly, debug and troubleshooting, inspection, and operation of sophisticated test equipment. Responsibilities for the Electronics Technician
Requirements for the Electronics Technician
- Able to construct and test AC/DC circuits or systems by following detailed procedures, drawings, schematics, and data sheets.
- Understands and able to troubleshoot by following electrical schematics related to: analog and digital systems, 480VAC systems, and 800VDC systems.
- Understands basic operation of PLCs (programmable logic controllers).
- Follow test plans and test bench procedures to support end-customer product acceptance testing.
- Familiar with military requirements particularly for ground vehicles.
- Associates degree in an electrical capacity or equivalent with at least 5 years of experience.
- Solid understanding of technician-based test equipment (multi-meters, oscilloscopes, function generators, etc.).
- Ability to understand electrical and mechanical drawings and schematics.
- Able to use Microsoft-based applications like Word and Excel.Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to deal effectively with all company departments and customers.
- This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Contract Benefits to start!
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.