Permanent position: Controls Systems Supervisor opportunity with a heavy industrial manufacturing client located in the Shreveport, LA area. This position will have overall responsibility to improve plant operations through the design, implementation and maintenance of controls and supervisory controls systems. This position is bonus eligible and relocation is available for qualified candidates. Responsibilities for the Controls Engineer
Requirements for the Controls Engineer
- Maintaining and improving overall Distributed Control System health through monitoring of control networks
- Specify instrumentation and PLC's or selects vendors to provide the best solution to a problem or project
- Develops plans for future control work and associated computer systems, equipment and software
- Manage advanced Process Control Systems and determine APC applications
- Updating program changes in computer software to support field instrument modifications/additives.
- Designs control systems and process systems to ensure safe and effective operation.
- Manages, coordinates and designs or assists in design of control related projects throughout the full life cycle
- Other duties as typical and assigned
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering required; Chemical or Electrical preferred
- Approximately 10 or more years of control systems or process engineering in petroleum refinery or related industry
- Knowledge of DCS, PLCs/SISs, HMIs, Microsoft Operating Systems, and/or computer network architecture.
- Knowledge of Honeywell Experion, APACS, RTP, Triconex, and/or Allen Bradley PLCs is preferred.
- Experience with DCS conversions and cutovers
- Knowledge of field instrumentation and analyzers.
- Demonstrated leadership skills