Contract position: Immediate need for a Controls Engineer located in Webster, NY! Candidates must have 4+ years of related experience within a manufacturing environment. The duration for this contract is 1 year with the potential for extension. If local, please apply today!
Responsibilities for the Controls Engineer
Requirements for the Controls Engineer
- Support production through timely response of manufacturing issues as they arise.
- Modify/upgrade electrical components/controls/PLC logic to improve productivity and ensure product quality.
- Lead or assist with problem-solving activities for both processing and equipment-related issues.
- Work closely with Operations, Engineering and Maintenance personnel to understand process problems and requirements. Implement solutions.
- Ensure reliable controls and operation of manufacturing equipment.
- BS or MS in Electrical Engineering.
- Strong electrical engineering skillset, including schematics and P&ID's.
- Working knowledge or experience with RSLogix 5, 500, 5000 software. HMI software and Allen-Bradley PLC-5, SLC-500, and ControlLogix PLC, as well as Rockwell FLEX family of Variable Speed Drives.
- Experience with process instrumentation desired (sensors, transmitters, troubleshooting, etc.).