Contract position: An American corporation that manufactures agricultural, construction, and forestry machinery, diesel engines, drivetrains (axles, transmissions, gearboxes) used in heavy equipment, and lawn care equipment is looking for a Supply Management Category Specialist in the Moline, IL area. This is a 2-year CONTRACT position. No per diem available.
Responsibilities for the Specialist
Requirements for the Specialist
- Execute Order Fulfillment Process (OFP) with cost reduction activities, analyzing quotations, and making supplier selection based on criteria such as quality, cost, process capability, lead time, and supplier stability.
- Collect cost data and prepares limited supplier cost/industry analyses. Support the Engineering Change Management (ECM) process so design changes and product improvements are implemented in a timely and cost effective manner.
- Develop and execute inventory plans to achieve inventory/asset management and material flow goals; resolves shipping, receiving, invoicing and payment problems to ensure prompt and accurate payments to suppliers.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field with at least 3 years of supply management experience.
- Negotiation and contract management experience desired. Proficiency with excel.