Permanent position: A leading passenger railroad company located in downtown Philadelphia, PA is looking for a Deputy Chief Engineer. This opening is for a direct hire role. This position will direct the engineering team on site and will be responsible for overseeing all construction, inspection and maintenance activities. Relocation assistance will be offered for qualified candidates. APPLY NOW!
Responsibilities for the Chief Engineer
Requirements for the Chief Engineer
- Oversee all engineering activities in regards to the planning, estimating, scheduling, inspections and maintenance of properties owned or leased nationally which includes Track, C&S Electric Traction, Bridges and Facilities.
- Responsible for all aspects of finance, budget, safety, project management and procurement/materials management relative to the design, construction and maintenance of all facilities.
- Oversees inspections and conduct audits to ensure compliance with Federal, State and local requirements.
- Collaborate with the systems office towards reducing operational failures and review failure data.
- Ensure test and inspections are documented properly and are made available to the FRA.
- Extensive experience in project and inventory management, technical design, supervision, planning and scheduling, budget and finance, contracts management, field production methods, agency coordination, construction methods, operations and procedures.
- Proven track record leading the operations, cost reduction, process improvement, asset utilization, program and organizational management.
- Leadership experience managing a large and diverse workforce.
- Proven track record as a Safety Leader and advocate with success driving a safe culture.
- A Bachelors Degree is Required
- Relocation Assistance
- Comprehensive benefit package
- Bonus Eligible