Permanent position: Immediate opening for an Automation Engineer working in an automotive mfg environment on either 2nd or 3rd shift, out in the Toledo area, OH. This person should have experience with robotics, allen bradley PLCs and some experience in automotive or automotive parts mfg environment.
Responsibilities for the Automation Engineer
Requirements for the Automation Engineer
- Design, maintain, and continuously improve all Assembly robotic equipment to ensure safe and efficient operation.
- Support maintenance and engineering activities, including preventative maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of all equipment, consistent with departmental expectations and goals
- Ensure all robot programs are backed up and up to date.
- Associate Degree in Robotics or 5 years' experience in related field or;
- BSEE and 2 years of robotics experience
- ABB robotic experience, ideally but not required. (other robotics will be considered)
- Allen-Bradley PLC programming, debugging or modifying experience. (RSLogix 5000, ideally)
- Other desirable skills: (not required) Factory Talk HMI experience, AuotCAD or SolidWorks, Project management experience, Machine design and build experience.
- Full benefits package provided.