Field Service Engineer
Permanent position: Leading oil and gas manufacturer is looking to hire a Field Service Engineer (direct hire). This opportunity will be located in the Lafayette, Louisiana area.
The ideal candidate will possess a bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering along with field engineering experience with oil and gas manufactured products such as: valves, pumps etc. This person will be also responsible for spending approximately 40-60 days offshore on oil platforms in the Gulf of Mexico.
This role comes withe an excellent compensation plan with a base salary ranging from $80k to $90k plus $400 per day rate while offshore.
All candidates must be legally authorized to work in the US.
Responsibilities for the Field Service Engineer
Requirements for the Field Service Engineer
- Creates and reviews designs, drawings, DBI's (database information), specifications etc. of existing technology or applications and ensures that assignments meet standards and performance requirements within area of expertise
- Uses the CAD/CAM and database systems and facilities to make layouts, analyze designs, evaluate equipment systems and generate new equipment designs
- Prepares documentation, information and communication such as ECN (Engineering Change Notices), DBI (Database Information) and engineering specifications and ensures conformance to all policies and procedures related to engineering functions, labor reporting and systems
- Conducts analysis, ensures that designs are workable, makes recommendations and develops alternative solutions with conclusion reviewed by higher level
- Consults with other departments on equipment designs, problems and questions
- Prepares technical data and papers for sales personnel, customers and publications. Makes field trips with sales and service personnel with new products and technical applications
- BS degree in mechanical engineering
- Experience applying working principles within assigned technical field
- Working knowledge of specific process technologies procedures, products and applications
- Ability to create functional & cost effective designs that meet specification requirements within supervision
- Proficient with CAD and Database systems related to engineering functions
- Ability to work 40-60 days annually off-shore
- Excellent compensation plan with a base salary ranging from $80k to $90k plus $400 day rate when offshore