Permanent position: Leading tier one automotive manufacturer is looking to hire a Quality Engineer. This opportunity will be located in the Detroit, MI area.
The ideal candidate will possess experience for the day to day quality system for a tier one or tier two automotive manufacturing plant Candidates should have a track record working in a IATF quality environment ensuring that the quality, capability and performance targets of both the product and manufacturing processes are met. Increase quality through the continuous improvement of process and work practices. Excellent problem solving experience along with the PPAP and APQP process.
This role comes with a very competitive base salary commensurate with experience ranging from $80k to $90k plus a generous profit sharing plan.
All candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
Responsibilities for the Quality Engineer
Requirements for the Quality Engineer
- Support the APQP process during tooling and/or part design change/launch activities
- Lead in the preparation, documentation and maintenance of all PPAP related documentation while fully qualifying the product, process and/or equipment
- Collaborate with the Engineering and Production teams in the development and maintenance of Standard Operating Procedures for all equipment and processes
- Lead the containment, root cause and corrective action activities for both supplier and customer related quality issues
- Assist with the control and disposition of both internal and external nonconforming product, following the appropriate company procedures
- Assist in the development and maintenance of company specific requirements and the communication of these to the supply base
- Provide training and leadership to co-workers regarding Standard Operating Procedures, Lessons Learned and Safe Work Practices
- Lead continuous improvement and/or cost reduction activities to enhance the product quality or production systems
- Advanced problem solving and analytical skills are required
- Prior knowledge of IATF or TS 16949 and auditing experience
- Knowledge of the manufacturing processes, procedures and machinery
- Solid troubleshooting experience is required
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States
- Detail oriented and data driven candidates are highly preferred
- Experience with APQP, PPAP, Continuous Improvement, Pradeo, interfacing with Suppliers and Customer (GM, Honda, Ford, Chrysler etc.)
- Candidates need to have quality engineering experience in a tier one or tier two automotive manufacturing environment
- Excellent compensation plan commensurate with experience ranging from $80k to $90k plus a generous profit sharing plan
- Relocation assistance is available