Permanent position: our client in the Long Beach area is looking for a Civil/Traffic Engineer to manage projects involving traffic control plans. This position does require a Bachelor of Science Degree in Civil Engineering. In the position of traffic engineer, the ideal candidate may lead and manage projects, and spend time in the field designing plans that analyze the environmental impact of proposed construction and check specifications for adherence to engineering standards. Responsibilities for the Civil Engineer
Requirements for the Civil Engineer
- Design and provide traffic control plans and ensuring they meet engineering standards.
- Manage projects from deveopment to completion including tracking due dates, invoices, purchase orders etc.
- Manage and mentor a team of associate engineers monitoring their compliance with policies and procedures, use of ACAD protocols and tracking their performance.
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering
- Minimum 5 years of engineering design experience
- Registered in the State of California as a Civil Engineer, registered as a Traffic Engineer in CA is a plus
- Knowledge of CA MUTCD, knowledge of temporary traffic control plan designs, and signing, traffic signal and street lighting design plans.