Permanent position: Plumbing/Fire Protection Designer needed for a direct hire position with a nationwide Engineering firm in the company's Orlando, FL office. 4+ years experience in plumbing & fire protection design for commercial buildings/facilities. Candidates should be proficient designing in AutoCAD and REVIT MEP. Salary range is $70k-$90k/yr depending on experience, with relocation assistance available.Responsibilities for the Plumbing Designer
Requirements for the Plumbing Designer
- Responsible for drafting and designing plumbing and fire protection systems ( piping and equipment for commercial facilities as well as hot and cold water systems, sanitary and storm systems, fire protection water systems, including underground piping, sprays, hydrants etc.) for a diverse range of buildings.
- Layout and size equipment, perform load calculations and investigate code requirements.
- Provide technical expertise during the design phase (schematic, design development) to coordinate spaces required for those systems.
- Produce working documents using REVIT MEP.
- Communicate effectively with all parties involved in the design and construction process.
- 4+ years experience in drafting and designing plumbing and fire protection systems.
- An AA/AS degree and /or technical certification in mechanical designs are preferred.
- Knowledge of applicable codes and general engineering practices.
- Proficiency using AutoCAD and REVIT.
- Relocation assistance.
- Competitive salary and paid time off.
- Profit sharing and bonuses.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA and HSA.
- 401K with company match.
- Flexible schedules and more.