Permanent position: Leading Automotive manufacturer is looking to hire a permanent Plastics Engineer. This opportunity will be located in Detroit, MI The ideal candidate will possess 3-5 years experience working with tooling used for high volume plastic injection molding. This role comes with a very competitive compensation package ranging from $80-90k All candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Responsibilities for the Tooling Engineer
Requirements for the Tooling Engineer
- Review component designs for continuous incremental improvement of cost and qualitymetrics, by driving alternate or improved part/injection tooling strategies
- Interface with internal and customer tooling groups to obtain approval for variouspart/tooling proposals and proposed engineering revisions
- Provide technical support of current model automotive interior manufacturing andassembly processes, with primary attention to all tooling applications.
- 5+ years experience with large tonnage injection molding
- Experience with Ford GBT is a huge plus