Permanent position: Immediate opening(s) an experienced Project Engineer working for a company specializing in design / build and construction of capital equipment projects and industrial HVAC systems . This role is in the Troy, MI area and will require about 20-25% travel on average. (and certain project may require a couple months of field work)Responsibilities for the Project Engineer
Requirements for the Project Engineer
- Our engineering team must review and understand customers' technical specifications for projects ranging from $10K to $100M in value in order to generate an effective and profitable engineering solution for the process and equipment necessary to meet the customers' needs while ensuring compliance with all governing code requirements.
- Industrial project engineering involving a broad range of disciplines such as thermodynamics, heat transfer, mass transfer, fluid flows, psychometrics, sheet metal, piping, structural, material handling and air flow.
- Process flow schematics and equipment sizing associated with industrial / manufacturing systems.
- 5+ years experience in industrial project engineering and design of mechanical systems.
- AutoCAD or Solidworks or Other 3D modeling Software
- Knowledge of equipment used in industrial manufacturing systems is essential (fans, pumps, burners, motors, heat exchangers, valves, dampers, filters, lighting, and controls) and the ability to perform the calculations needed to correctly size and specify the equipment is required.
- 20-25% travel on average
- Comprehensive benefits package, including bonus' and comp. payouts for time in the field.