Contract position: Test Engineer needed for the global leader in industrial automation located in the Milwaukee area. In this role you will be responsible for the design and development of automated test equipment hardware and software solutions, with an emphasis on electrical design and documentation. Test equipment consists of electrical, mechanical measurement and controls, mechanical fixtures and test software which are used in global manufacturing facilities to produce company products. Responsibilities for the Test Engineer
Requirements for the Test Engineer
- Design and document electrical and mechanical components of functional test systems to provide a robust, reliable and repeatable manufacturing test system.
- Responsible for designing electrical systems, properly sizing components and working with vendors to develop test fixtures. Selects proper PLC components and test instrumentation based on product test requirements to ensure a safe, reliable, manufacturing test system.
- System wiring schematics in AutoCAD Electrical.
- Experience in the use of appropriate Lean Six Sigma tools for test equipment qualification, test system problem solving, and identification and implementation of continuous improvement opportunities.
- Bachelor's degree Electrical Engineering (EE), Electrical Engineering Technology (EET), Electrical Engineering/Computer Science (EE/CS), equivalent education, or experience.
- Working knowledge and application of AutoCad Electrical
- 3+ years' experience as a test engineer contributor in a team oriented multiple project environment, including design and development of test equipment for production.
- Contractor benefits available