A leading electronics manufacturer located in West Columbia, SC is looking for a Quality Technician. These are temp to perm openings. APPLY NOW!Responsibilities for the Quality Technician
Requirements for the Quality Technician
- Perform product inspection and/or audits of quality control programs, first article inspections and calibration, inspecting flat blank layouts, out of box audit (OBA) and sampling and testing of incoming components and raw materials.
- Ensures raw materials, in process and finished products meet company standards.
- Audits processes, tests and inspects products and/or develops, compiles and evaluates statistical data to determine and maintain quality and reliability of products.
- Working from engineering drawings, specifications, schematics, diagrams, written descriptions, layouts or defined plans to perform complex engineering testing, checkout First Article Inspection, root cause analysis, internal corrective actions and supplier correction actions.
- Interprets engineering drawings, schematic diagrams or formulas and confers with management or engineering staff to determine quality and reliability standards.
- AS in technical discipline preferred
- 3+ years of related experience in quality in an electronics, electrical or mechanical assembly manufacturing environment
- Understanding of typical quality tools, such as 8d, statistical process control, PFMEA and control plans.
- Understanding of verification builds, what should fit together and parts measurement.
- Understanding of customer specifications for cosmetics and workmanship, customer drawings, mechanical specification
- ASQ certification as CQT, CQA, CQPA or CSSGB a plus
- Ability to communicate and engage directly with customer and suppliers.
<Benefits for the Quality Technician
- Comprehensive benefit package
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.