Permanent position: Contract manufacturing company in Hillsboro, OR is seeking a talented Manufacturing Engineer to join their engineering team. The Manufacturing Engineer will design and oversee manufacturing of various different products utilizing multiple machines, tools, software and equipment. Qualified candidates will have a BS in Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering and experience working in a machine shop environment and contract manufacturing (ability to plan and produce many different types of products for various clients). Some CAD experience will be required. Responsibilities for the Manufacturing Engineer
Requirements for the Manufacturing Engineer
- Create manufacturing plans for product designs sent by customers.
- Design tooling and fixtures. Work with programmers to design machine set up processes.
- Support lean manufacturing and improvement of manufacturing processes.
- BS Degree in Mechanical; or Manufacturing Engineering.
- 3-5 years experience in a contract manufacturing environment and machine shop environment
- Proficient in CAD, GD&T and blue print reading.
- Experienced with sheet metal, aluminum, steel, titanium, copper, mills and machinery.
- Health, dental, vision, 401k