Contract position: Milwaukee area company seeks a CaD Drafter that would be responsible for preparing technical drawings of electrical wiring systems. During the drawing process, they analyze information (such as measurements and sketches) provided by engineers, architects. This is a Contact to Hire position to work for a fast growing company.Responsibilities for the Electrical Drafter
Requirements for the Electrical Drafter
- Gathers preliminary documentation (inventory maps, circuit maps, look-ups, load data, etc.)
- utilizes AutoCAD to prepare construction drawings
- Strong understanding of construction standards as well as reading and interpreting civil drawings, survey drawings, land descriptions, field notes, work order sketches and/or other mapping reference materials.
- Entry-level position (zero to two years of professional drafting experience).
- High school diploma and course work in drafting technology or specialized CAD certification.
- Knows the difference between paper space and model space; can work with viewports efficiently
- Is able to read and understand civil (survey) maps.