Contract position: Parts Quality Engineer openings a with an automotive manufacturer located south of the Birmingham, AL area. These positions are responsible for investigating, analyzing and correcting problems of supplier parts through collaboration within the company and with suppliers to ensure quality and functionality of the parts. Local candidates or those able to self relocate preferred.Responsibilities for the Quality Engineer
Requirements for the Quality Engineer
- Align with Supplier Quality Engineering on boundary samples
- Review trial parts and provide line support and report part readiness for launch to SQE team
- Facilitate corrective action and root cause analysis using problem solving and continuous improvement techniques
- Support production floor on supplier related issues, process improvements, and cross-functional activities to achieve the quality, safety and production goals
- Initiate and approve sorting activities utilizing 3rd party to include in-house, yard areas and sequencing center
- Other duties as typical and assigned
- Bachelors of Science degree or the equivalent combination of education and/or experience
- Approximately 5 or more years experience in a manufacturing environment ideally with manufacturing processes in commodities such as interiors, exterior, chassis, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and enforce the basic requirements of a quality system within and automotive manufacturing environment (APQP steps, control plan validation, etc.)
- Understanding of GD&T and SPC analysis
- Capable of using hand measurement tools (calipers, micrometers, etc.)
- Strong problem solving skills required using established methodologies including 8-D, 5-WHY, DOE, Red X, etc.
- Working knowledge of manufacturing processes such as injection molding, plastic painting, assembly process, mechanical assemblies, etc.
- Working knowledge with Autocad, Catia, Coordinate measurement machine, CAD, FMEA, Faro Arm knowledge are all a plus