Contract position: Mechanical Engineering Technician needed for worlds largest manufacturer of industrial automation and information solutions in their office North of Milwaukee, WI. This person will be responsible for performing a wide variety of functions associated with all new product development activities, including building of prototype units, working with engineers in test set-up as well as performing rework and testing related to the production of parts, components, subassemblies and final assemblies. In addition, the technician is responsible for electro-mechanical assembly on assemblies and/or sub-assemblies per established standard workmanship and operating procedures. Responsibilities for the Mechanical Technician
Requirements for the Mechanical Technician
- Works from schematics, diagrams, written and verbal descriptions, layouts or defined plans.
- Performs adjustments and reworks as needed to meet functional design, quality and customer specifications.
- Performs visual and mechanical inspection of units.
- Assist in the design, construction, test and check-out of test equipment
- Works from blueprints, process sheets, and sketches to perform tasks, which may include the cutting and shaping of metal to precision dimensions.
- Bachelors degree OR 2 year technical school degree in Mechanical Engineering Technology, or Manufacturing Technology plus a minimum of 1 year related experience in mechanical manufacturing assembly/ machine building.
- Ability to read and understand schematics, assembly layout drawings, and ladder diagrams.
- Ability to assemble and wire electro-mechanical devices, components, and subassemblies from schematics and layout drawings.
- Contractor benefits available