Contract position: Leader in medical device manufacturing is looking for a Engineer III in Round Lake IL. This is a contract opportunity expected to last 12 months, could be longer based on performance, possible temp to perm. Currently we are only looking for local candidates. Great Contractor Benefits! Apply Now! Responsibilities for the Product Engineer
Requirements for the Product Engineer
- Contribute, at the system level, to the overall development of medical infusion systems though the definition of requirements (functional, performance, reliability) and direction for associated verification and validation strategies
- Propose solutions to technical challenges commonly associated with new product development. Coordinating with team members, suppliers and external resources
- Study and recommend techniques to improve existing products in electrical or mechanical design to meet functional/performance/reliability requirements
- Study and recommend techniques to improve system algorithmic behavior to meet performance requirements.
- Perform statistical analysis on data obtained from feasibility studies and formal verification
- Provide input into requirements development
- Plan verification testing and other product tests to assure product design
- Mechanical, Electrical or Biomedical Engineering degree
- 3+ year medical device design or product development experience within the medical device industry
- Experience with Medical Device design controls and understanding of Good Document / Manufacturing Practices in the area of design controls, including FDA-21 CFR 820.30 and ISO 9001.
- Experience with the development and verification of electronic medical equipment with embedded firmware is preferred
- DOORs or ALM experience a plus
- Paid Vacation
- Health Insurance, and more...
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.