Contract position: Top ranked general contractor seeking multiple MEP Asst. Superintendents in the Huntsville, AL area for an exciting project. Relocation assistance offered for non-local candidates. Qualified candidates should come from an MEP trade or subcontractor. MEP Asst. Superintendents are the eyes and ears for what is happening on the ground level of the project and will communicate back to project engineers and managers. Must have experience managing people and projects in the field on construction jobs. Excellent company culture and benefits with room to grow. Responsibilities for the Superintendent
Requirements for the Superintendent
- Onsite supervision of subcontractors in the field.
- Understand what each trade is responsible for.
- Ability to read, review and coordinate construction drawings, specs and shop drawings.
- Ensure/manage safe working environment in the field.
- Convey schedule, material, manpower and quality concerns.
- Early discussions of quality expectations with trades and identification of conflicts in the field.
- Understand contractors' production levels.
- College degree in Construction or related field preferred; high school diploma/GED required.
- 1-8 years of MEP (specialization within electrical, mechanical or plumbing is okay) experience as an Asst. Superintendent, Field Engineer, Asst. Project Manager, Field Coordinator, Journeyman, Foreman, etc
- Cultural fit is a requirement for this position. Candidates will be evaluated on attributes such as Integrity/Trust/Respect, Ownership, Performance/Accountability, Commitment & Selflessness, Leading by Example/Teacher, Communication, Professionalism/Addressing Conflict, and Change
- Health, 401k, PTO, Holidays, Mobile reimbursement
- Relocation Assistance
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.