Contract position: Top ranked construction firm seeking multiple highly motivated MEP Engineers in the Huntsville, AL area. Relocation assistance offered for non-local candidates. As MEP Engineer, initial responsibilities would include onsite coordination and management of trade staff, support of MEP coordinators, and material design coordination, fabrication, delivery and installation. Additional responsibilities as detailed below. Qualified candidates will have a Bachelor's in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering and 1-2 years of experience working on commercial construction projects within the MEP specialty.Responsibilities for the Project Engineer
Requirements for the Project Engineer
- Onsite coordination and management of trade staff.
- Oversight of material design coordination, fabrication, delivery and installation.
- Management of cost and design issues (change orders, RFI's, document updates, etc.).
- Ability to read and understand Construction Design Documents and Specifications.
- Ability to perform construction cost estimates and quantity surveys for various scopes of work, overall trade management and coordination, and some level of exposure to BIM.
- BS in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering preferred.
- 1-2 years of commercial construction experience coming from a subcontractor, trade, general contractor or specialty design firm. Commercial construction required.
- Cultural fit is a requirement for this position. Candidates will be evaluated on attributes such as Integrity/Trust/Respect, Ownership, Performance/Accountability, Commitment & Selflessness, Leading by Example/Teacher, Communication, Professionalism/Addressing Conflict, and Change
- Experience with tracking, estimating and scheduling software preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.